State Trade and Export Program
STATE TRADE AND EXPORT PROMOTION PROGRAM (STEP)
Join Utah’s Export Success
With 95 percent of the world’s customers living outside the United States and less than one percent of our small businesses selling abroad, our small businesses are missing out on lucrative opportunities to find their new customers, expand their business and create new higher-paying American jobs (United States Senate, Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship).
The State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Program is a federal and state funded program to expand Utah business internationally.
Double Exports from the state of Utah by 2014.
- Export Readiness Assessment
- Market Research
- International Trade Missions
- International Trade Shows
- Assistance from international trade experts.
- Opportunity to develop and have direct contact with international partners.
- Reimbursements of trade show and trade mission expenses for Gold Key Services to companies that qualify.
- A qualifying company that is new to export OR has exported but is entering a new market.
- Meets federal definition of a small business.
- Has been in business for not less than 1-year.
- Is operating profitably based on US operations.
- Has a strategic plan for exporting.
STEP Grant Administrator
STEP Program Coordinator
Upcoming STEP Events
United Kingdom Trade Mission July 2013
Peru Trade Mission August 2013
Brazil Trade Mission September 2013
China Trade Mission September 2013
Small Business Administration
Funded in part through a grant award with the U.S. Small Business Administration